Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

July 2021 Community Wrap🎉

Hi all,

We are back at it with another recap of what has been happening on the Forums in July 2021!

#️⃣Trending topics:

👏Celebrate a member:

@Fluttershy1 for starting a fantastic thread about the importance of self-care and for encouraging us to identify and share some of our wonderful self-care strategies.

@Oaktree  for amazing support of other members, for starting the Cuddles and Hugs thread which has been a soft place to land for several members, and the Group Fiction Writing thread. Your contributions to NAIDOC Week 2021 - Heal Country, among other wonderful contributions throughout the forum. Many of your threads have brought light to so many and your presence lifts people up. 

Thank you @Arizona  for offering an amazing sympathetic ear and providing some extremely compassionate care and support.

@The-red-centaur for your kindness and compassionate support to members looking for a listening ear.

@Shaz51 for being our special guest on Topic Tuesday, Self care for Carers!

Thank you to our Community Guides for nominating fellow members for these shout outs!

🎉SANE events to take part in next month

Our next Topic Tuesday will be on the 3rd of August, 7pm (AEST) on the topic of Grief and Loss. We will be joined by special guest, Griefline.

The following Topic Tuesday on the 17th of August will take an Advocacy focus. Stay tuned for more info!

The next Online Peer Group Chat is on tonight, 29th July, from 7pm to 8:30pm AEST. The group chat will be about creativity and wellness. Take a look here for more information on how you can join the discussion.

🔦Spotlight on:

At the start of this month, we celebrated NAIDOC Week here on the forums with a week long discussion. This year's theme was Heal Country and we heard from members sharing the country they are living on, and how they connect to country. You can check out the discussion here

We had two Topic Tuesdays last month with record numbers of members attending! Thank you to everyone who joined in and made these conversations the incredible resources they are Heart

Physical Activity and Mental Health was a huge hit with Moderator @Peregrinefalcon! We spoke about the role that physical activity can play in mental health and wellbeing, and talked about the relationships each of us has with activity at the moment. Check out this Topic Tuesday for tips: Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST 

Self Care for Carers with @Shaz51 spoke about the importance of self care as carers in preventing carer burnout. For ideas and tips from all of those who joined us on the night, check our the discussion here: Topic Tuesday // Self Care for Carers // Tues 20th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST 

🎉 SANE news:

This month we welcomed lots of new Moderators to the SANE team @greenrain @Oshun_Blu @Ludo978 @pinemushroom @ABH @blackberryjam ! 

We also welcomed three new peer workers this week @periwinklepixie @cloudcore @CalmingNature 

If you see a new Moderator or Peer Support Worker around, feel free to give them a shout out and say hello 🙂 

undefinedQuote of the month:

"Be the beauty and light for someone else and they can be it for you when you need it too."- @The-red-centaur 

Tagging those who supported the last month's Community Wrap 🙂  

@Former-Member @ShiningStar @Mazarita @Determined @Shaz51 @Judi9877 @Emelia8 @eth @Snowie @Anastasia @saltandpepper 

Do you know someone that could be celebrated in the next wrap or see a quote you think could be shared here? Feel free to email our team at team@saneforums.org 

If you are enjoying reading our monthly wraps - hit the support button, and we will notify you when the next one is up!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: July 2021 Community Wrap🎉

Thanks for the mention @Daisydreamer, I am glad that I found the forums. It has been a helpful place to try and work out the best way forward with my psychologist. I love to support others where I can also. Thanks for having me here and for all the love and support that I have received.

Meggle

Thanks for the mention @Daisydreamer , I'm glad I could help out with some self care ideas 

Thank you @Fluttershy1 @Oaktree @Arizona @The-red-centaur @Shaz51 for your amazing contributions to the forums this month! You have all made this a more supportive and vibrant place to be Smiley Very Happy

Heart from cloudcore

for being our special guest on Topic Tuesday, Self care for Carers!--- aww thank you @Daisydreamer , i really enjoyed doing the night and looking forward to the next one @Oaktree@Fluttershy1@Daisydreamer@cloudcore 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance