Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Jake
Senior Contributor

Format

Hello Administrators,

I'm sorry to seem so critical (I hope it is taken as constructive) of the forum sometimes, but I have noticed there are still a few technical format issues. In relation to hyperlinks - shouldn't the forum be in some sort of a standard format to make it easier for non tech heads to navigate?

For example, on the 'Lived Experience Forum (Home)' homepage, some hyperlinks are in blue, some are in black and yet other text is in blue, which looks like a hyperlink, but is not. 

So with the above in mind, here's an example of navigation (in point form to avoid confusion):

1) Click on any of the 'Discussion Topics' (title is in blue but is not a hyperlink) say for example 'Our Experience & Stories' (which is in black and is a hyperlink). The last posters post is on top (as in standard email format).

2) Click on the topic say 'Treatment for OCD' (which is in black and is a hyperlink). 'Our Experience & Stories' in the navigation trail is now in light grey (should'nt it still be in blue indicating a hyperlink?).

3) 'Logged in as', 'Logout' and 'My Settings' are all in light grey (the same colour as the text) yet 'Logout' and 'My Settings' are hyperlinks (should'nt they be in blue?).

I realize that these are just minor navigation issues, but if corrected to some sort of a standard format, I feel would make it easier for some of the posters to get around the site.

BTW have IT been able to separate the search function for the two forums please? There are too many results from both forums to search through otherwise.

Thanks,

Regards, Jake

1 REPLY 1
NikNik
Senior Contributor

Re: Format

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the feedback & the detail. I will pass that on and will keep you updated (I have a list Smiley Happy) I know there are some elements of the forums we can control/ change/ manipulate, and there are some parts that we can't (as it's part of the forum platform that we use). IT are awesome though & give anything a go. So we are working through all the feedback we have received.

I do have an update about the search function! We have discovered that we can separate the search function and return results from the forum you're searching from. I believe it's being implemented early this coming week. I didn't want to give the update until it was implemented, so you have the scoop on that one.

Thanks!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance